The City of Hedwig Village is located on the west side of the Greater Houston Area, south of the IH-10 Katy Freeway. The city is approximately 0.90 square miles in size and is surrounded by the City of Houston to the west, the City of Bunker Hill Village and the City of Piney Point to the south, and the City of Hunter’s Creek to the east. According to the 2010 Census, the population of Hedwig Village is 2,557.
Early in 1954 the area residents were concerned about possible annexation by, and lack of zoning in, the City of Houston. An incorporation election was held on December 18, 1954 with a total of 74 votes cast, most in favor. The election results were recorded in the minutes of the Harris County Commissioners Court meeting on December 23, 1954. The City of Hedwig Village was officially incorporated on that date. The City is named for Hedwig Schroeder, a long-time resident at the time of the incorporation election.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.