Piney Point Village is a city in Harris County, Texas, located on the west side of Houston. The Village has a total land area of 2.1 square miles.
In 1824, John D. Taylor received a land grant from Stephen F. Austin for a league centered on “pine point” at the southernmost turn of Buffalo Bayou. Taylor’s house became known as Piney Point. In 1844, the Board of Roads and Revenues of Harris County approved a public road from Houston to Piney Point and on to the county line. By 1885, Piney Point was a station on the Texas Western Railroad and was part of a settlement of largely German farmers.
In 1954 Piney Point was incorporated and by 1966 had a public school and four churches. As of the 2010 census there were 3,125 people, 1,064 households and 945 families residing within the city limits. As of 2010, Piney Point Village has the highest per capita income in Texas.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.